Monday, January 31, 2005

A death in the family

So what do you do when the woman you thought l***d you and want to m***y says she thinks she wants to pursue marriage with someone else?
Prayer and trust ought to suffice.
The Lord is working something out.
Wish I were more convinced of that.


Sometimes God washes away the sand we try to ground ourselves in, and we are left with nothing to lean on but Him.
It always hurts to see that old pride go, but we never miss it once it's gone.
What's there left to do now?
Submit humbly to the One who orchestrates the stars and the rushing of each blade of grass in the breeze;
look in earnest to the Rock that is higher than I.
My heart grows weary of sugary soft drinks, it's time to drink living Water.
Fill this emptiness, O Populator of worlds!
Pack it in till every pore oozes that which You are, till it overflows into every corner of my sphere.
And may it never be any different.
Let my life be a summation, and not a balance sheet.
Begin in me the market of Spirit where gifts received are gifts outpoured;
where flux and turbulence ripple every stagnant pool.
I want the sky to fall if it brings You nearer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

The sky is falling.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Telephone the Foot said...

If it is, it darn well better bring Him near. Last thing I need is for the sky to fall for no reason.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home