Sunday, December 19, 2004

...could take the light rail straight to...

My family is here. Glad they made it safely. It is a blessing I had sorely underestimated. Almost makes me wish I weren't living on my own so far away from them. But God brought them down here for Christmas so I'm happy.

The USPS is against me. They delivered Mattia's christmas present on saturday while I was away, but after the concierge closed. Now it's trapped there and we're leaving monday before it opens at 5pm. Alas.

I was sad that I hadn't been able to find any bubble tea places here, in spite of the large asian population. This week I found THREE! One in the mall, which I despise going to because it's always crowded and hectic. I think the people there make it that way psychosomatically. The other two are almost next door to itself in this mini Beijing I found in the form of a shopping center in Milpitas, which is not even 5 miles away. I look forward to enjoying a good bubble tea now and again. By the way, I recommend trying something made with Durian. It tastes sweet, but has a very...er...distinctive aroma.

I have achieved the pinnacle of geekiness. I borrowed "An Introduction to Plasma Physics" from one of my coworkers to read over vacation. I dare you to do worse.

It's midnight and we have stuff to do tomorrow, including more travelling, so I bid thee ado. Please wish us well to the Lord, the freeways are a battleground in the Golden State.

Leave a comment with your favorite equation and I will be much obliged. See y'all in a week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

the milpitas website is so....early-90s-i'm-new-to-the-internet-ish.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home