Friday, November 16, 2007

What was it again?

Well, after a more-than-one-year hiatus, including a several month stint where I couldn't remember my login and password, The Incredulous Misnomers of Telephone the Foot rises from the ashes like so many greenhouse gases, unleashing a renewed assault upon the upper atmosphere.

In that interim, much has changed. I'm finishing up my first year(of four) of grad school while I continue to work full time, and desperately need the upcoming Christmas vacation. My roommate Mike and I jointly purchased a condo which we are enjoying very much during the ~30% of the time we're actually in it. In fact, I have to clean it today. Work, school, and chores leave me almost no time for hobbies, but I'm still doing the manga/anime/Japanese thing, got back into fire poi (which impressed nearly all of my friends here), and am making fleeting stabs at producing electronic music using Reason and Ableton Live on my Axiom 49 keyboard. I rebuilt my PC into a nearly silent powerhouse for this reason, and will obtain a decent set of studio monitors in the near future (if my grades are good). I'm no longer dating the nice girl from church. In fact she's dating someone else now. She waited all of 2 months after we broke up to start seeing him. I'm glad she's recovered so fast. Wish I could say the same. God orchestrated the breakup, and it was a good thing, but apparently I don't cope very well.

Perhaps due to some or all of the above, I'm beleaguered by an insidious and rather severe depression. I'm planning to start seeing a Christian counselor about it after school is done exploding my brain for the year. Mom thinks I need druqks because depression runs in the family. I'd like to not become a pharmaceutical candy kid, myself. Maybe it can be a temporary solution or something.

I had pho with my friend Mabi last night. As we were leaving, a slightly drunk down-and-out named Sonny asked us for spare change for a bus home. He was mumbling something about whether or not we believe in God, so as he turned to leave, I said "God's blessing be with you." He spun on his heels back towards us and we ended up talking to him about God's love and Christ's work on the cross for a good hour. Dude says he believes, but can't understand that God loves him that much, since he's turned his back on Him numerous times. Well, take care of yourself Sonny, and remember that God's always just one step behind you, waiting for you to turn back to him.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel A. Shaver said...

I'm glad you're back. I have been asked how you're doing several times in the last month, but the only answer I can give is that you're researching expensive Scotch and considering dangerous pranks. (It's my fault for not asking!)

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home