Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's in the cards

Aye aye aye. I said I'd keep up on this and I just keep forgetting about it instead.

Well, here's a quick update, stream of consciousness style.

School has started up again. Took my first midterm this morning and couldn't finish one of the problems because I couldn't remember the definition of the complex arc-tangent. Alas. I stayed home sick with a cold most of last week but I at least got to enjoy a spell of extra-warm weather in my home rather than gazing at it wistfully from a climate-controlled building full of stale air. I'd like to start dating again, but I just can't seem to find anyone I really want to go out with. Oddly, I'm not as unhappy about this predicament as one might think. My ex-girlfriend snubbed an invitation to celebrate my birthday at a local restaurant. Never mind the fact that I only invited people I genuinely enjoy spending time with. Her response was essentially "I can't, only because you're my ex-boyfriend and I'm dating someone else now." Well, she can kiss my ass. That was over a year ago. Get over yourself already. I've let my hair grow out and it's causing me to have zits in it. Gross. But I want to shock my folks so I have to keep it until I see them. I'll be happy to get rid of it, although I actually think I look better like this. Life is full of contradictions. Tomorrow will be my "long" day: 11 hours plus a bible study in the evening. I'm planning a month-long vacation to Japan next summer, God willing. Still have to get in touch with my host family to see when they'll be available. I'm thinking of flying business class so I can use my laptop on the whole flight. My new cellphone is pretty cool. No, I didn't get an iPhone. I won't ever be shackled by the Cult of Steve. But my phone can play NES games because I've hacked it. Hooray for customization. I desperately want to start writing music again, but I have no time. I also want to take piano lessons, but I have no time. I'm getting to be in pretty good shape thanks to DDR and semi-regular exercise at the gym. I'm enjoying it at least, even if no one else is. This weekend I have to research the candidates for the election, both state and federal, as well as the ballot measures. I'm taking voting seriously this year, even though politics is painful to me. I was reading about the Constitution on Wikipedia today, and it almost made me choke up. What a shameful thing our nation has become. We need another revolution to restore liberty to our corrupt police state. Question is how to do it without violence, and how to get everyone to see how much ground we've lost since 2001.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home