Sunday, June 12, 2005

Microsoft to the rescue?

Yeah yeah, I know I still owe you parts 2 through whatever of the Mexico experience. But there's a problem. Windows has decided it doesn't want me to use the internet. I have the darndest time connecting to anything, and I get a lot of dropped connections. In other words, my internet access now hobbles along on two broken legs, falling into ditches quite frequently. At first I thought it might be comcast, so I checked everything I could given my newfound disabilities, and found no evidence that it was my connection. So I checked the settings in my router. All kosher there, when I could get to them without losing the connection (that's a hint, boys and girls). So I boot into good ol' linux, which I haven't used in over a year. VOILA! Everything works exactly as it should.

So that narrows the problem down to windows. I guess I probably didn't need to do all that work to find that out. So in the mean time I'm gonna keep chipping away at winblows' resolve until I figure out what's killing my internet connection. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robb said...

good luck.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Telephone the Foot said...

Thank you for your terse, if not-so-tacitly solicited comment...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home