Friday, July 30, 2004

And so it begins

I'm on a library 15 minute terminal so I have to be quick.

Touched down at SJC at 10:20pm yesterday. got to watch an incredibly beautiful sunset from the air. I have never seen clouds like those: peach colored floating jungles of cotton.

My hotel is too swank for me, but the buffet breakfast is high quality. Downtown Santa Clara is Korean town--reminds me of S. Tacoma Wy. The library is filled with so many Asian and Indian people that I almost thought I'd stepped into UW again. In fact, I've seen more non-white people than anything else so far. There are four Japanese restaurants, two korean places, an indian place, and a Carl's Jr. within eyesight of the hotel. I think I may like it here.

Speaking of Carl's Jr. I had forgotten how good the food is there. They (and In-N-Out) do burgers the right way: char broiled with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle. No more blasted bread-meat-bread McDonald's burgers for me!

I think I may have developed a cold somehow, so I spent most of today sleeping. I went to Safeway and got 4 gallons of drinking water so at least I'll be hydrated. The hotel room has a 'mini-bar' instead of a refrigerator. Most frustrating. It's stocked with drinks, but they're so overpriced that you may as well swallow quarters to have your thirst quenched. A buck-fifty for a bloody coke? Give me a break! I threw away the order form, put all the drinks on the counter and made room for my water jugs. There are a million ways to spend your money at this place. Some of the others include: Internet on the TV for $10, N64 games for $6.50/hr, internet stations in the business ctr. for $1 per MINUTE, room service breakfast for $8.50...geesh.

Well time is short and they won't let me get a library card until I'm actually in my new place, so you may hear from me again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

Meep meep ^o^ I drew a "bpe" picture yesterday! And a "meep" picture, but that's a bit too multipurpose to nail down.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Kenton Finkbeiner said...

Bienvenidos a California!

Welcome to California!

The land of overpriced Cheese

Kenton

PS-How do you put a link on your blogger that will lead to another blog...?

Havent been able to figure it out....

email me.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home