Sunday, July 04, 2004

When it just hits you

I've been sorting through my email, weeding out old messages that are no longer pertinent. Most of them aren't any longer as they had to do with events at school, assignments, or some long past deadline. Then it occurred to me, I really am done with college. Not a hazy mental recognition, but a gut feeling. My limbs are actually tingling. In less than a month I will leave everyone and everything I've ever known and begin again in a new place, only this time without my parents to supervise. Reality is a bulwark and when it comes it does no good clamboring to go back over it, you'll only leave bloody finger marks. Fortunately the Lord is giving me the strength to resist the urge to bruise my knuckles against things that I must do. Like an aqueduct He's guiding me to some destination with steadfast patience and unflagging certainty. There was supposed to be more but now there won't be. Stop by again sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

:: acute mental image of Bryan cascading through an aquaduct in a rotund gondola :: ;)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home