Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Asherim

You, what do you treasure? What do you hold dear and cling to and depend on? If you didn’t immediately think “Christ,” then we have something in common, and work to do. There is room in your life for two things: God, and God. Did you know that “you are not your own; you were bought at a price.”? Funny thing how easy it is to forget that. God’s been showing me that he won’t abide my idols for much longer. After all, “God…is a jealous God.” “If you love something, let it go,” goes the saying, and that’s true for everything but Him. So what do you treasure? Yield it up to the Lord, before he requires it of you. And if He requires it of you, yield it up to Him. It’s better to leave something behind for His sake than to die by holding on to it. Besides, you may end up in Job’s position if you hold out. We’re way too short-sighted to know what God has in mind for us.

So basically it was revealed to me that I’ve been making an idol of someone. It’s primarily been an idol of fear; not so much fear of the person, but fear of the future. Then I read that unless we renounce everything in this world, not only will we never be able to be truly with Jesus, but he will press us until we let go. It was about then that I decided I’d better learn to let go freely before my stubbornness caused that person misfortune. But it’s difficult to kill the flesh. We can only do so much. In the end it’s the Spirit who has to do the real cleansing work in us. I’ve been praying for that, but I know it will take time. So then God said, “What have you done for my Kingdom recently?” And I realized, not much. Church was especially convicting of that this week and it led me to make a few decisions. (For those of you who pray for me, pray that I’ll follow through. I know God brought me here to do something awesome, but I haven’t figured out what yet. Hopefully I never will, but that it will be done anyway.) So renounce it, renounce that worry, and that fear, and that apprehension. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Let her go, let him go, let it go, and “seek you first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Lord, help me put my money where my mouf is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

Mmmmmmmhm! True dat! I'm prayin for ya :) And when I very first prayed for you to get that job, I prayed that God would put you in a church where God would use your gifts for his glory. I'm so glad I've kept so many journals (I'm on my third one since last August!) because it's so neat to look back at my prayers. God answers EVERY LITTLE BIT of them in His timing. And I did also pray that we would both grow towards Him and further His kingdom to our fullest, and if that required us being apart, so be it and God be praised! Well we'll see won't we ^.^

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home