Thursday, July 07, 2005

Nonsensationalist Ramifications

These words are tasty:

What I thought was, wasn't,
and what is, has a turnip.
Tried and true, the battleground speaks:
Legends of a former day
when staplers were the norm.
I thought I'd find more here,
but now it's just rotten potatos.

Stand firm, good sailor, you'll see port yet.
You can simply walk to the left.
Wiles the storm may show,
Amid the crashing foam,
Yet the cargo lies safe below.

I spoke with a cube the other day.
He told me I was too square.
His insight gave me new perspective.

I've a time to speak of.
It's noon on a Thursday.

Temptations the traitor tested
Made change seem irresponsible.
Advancing his cause with reckless abandon
Made more sense than these
But in the end were only a distraction.

5 Comments:

Blogger Telephone the Foot said...

Did I frighten everybody? ;-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Kenton Finkbeiner said...

*snap,* *snap,* *snap,*

You ought to keep these poems, and then lets go to Jack Kerouac St. in San Fran and do a poetry reading....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Tia said...

When you go crazy at your EE job you can always grow your hair out, dress up in a messy suit, and read poetry to rich people. Hannah figures Einstein's hair was so crazy because he pulled on it all the time.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Telephone the Foot said...

I was commenting to my co-worker Roy that I wondered what people thought of me wearing jeans and a t-shirt to work all the time. I asked if anyone might think it's weird or impolite. He replied that once I've been there 15 years or so I can do whatever I want and people will call me "eccentric". I'm looking forward to that as a career goal now.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

Poor people are crazy, rich people are eccentric. I suppose it's the same principle. Or principal, for that matter. Ptooie, buy me a mango!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home