Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I had a tomato for dinner (Diatribal Pontificaat)

I had originally intended to write a long dirge about the miserably corrupt state of not only our society, but also ourselves. Even the most saintly among us is, at heart, a miserable sinner. What sparked this outburst of ill disposition? Well, being what I just said, my "self" got the better of me and by and by made a wreck of something I thought I was getting past. Nope, that never happens...not in this life at least. These rotten shells, bodies of death, certainly do keep us humble before God's penetrating eye.

So what brought about my change of heart? Well I received a lengthy correspondence in the mail from my best friend which completely shattered my little self-inflicted world of introspective hatred. That girl has the remarkable ability to see the good in everybody, and it's essentially what her letter was about. Bear in mind she spontaneously decided to write it and refused to reveal the topic. To my knowledge I've done nothing to deserve praise.

I am, however, extremely thankful, indescribably thankful, thankful beyond any of the juciest English words for her presence in my life. I hope that never changes. I eagerly await the day when God declares us ready as individuals to live in proximity again, if it seems good to Him. Oh how I will rejoice in those days, but for now I still praise God even for the distance, knowing that He is accomplishing something excellent in both of us. Lord, please raise us up as standards of your Love and Power to heal others. May we grow to love only you more and more so that your Love spills out of us all over the place and to everyone we meet.

Isn't it funny how often it takes some external event to rattle us out of whatever stupor we've managed to dupe ourselves into? And it seems to go both ways in that we sometimes need to be shaken by a bad event to reveal our need for Christ, and sometimes we need to be shaken by a good event to reveal our blessings in Him. It's a good thing He's in charge! Disappointingly difficult though it is to admit, God has a much better handle on the situation than we ever could. Praise the Name of Jesus Christ!

Presumptiously: Finis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Telephone the Foot said...

Apparently blogspot thought this one was good enough to post again...five times, in fact. Well, I thought the excess posts somewhat extraneous, so I distilled them into this singular version. Don't worry, it has all the original flavor. Four out of five postings preferred it.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

Meeeeeeeep ^^;;;; (<-- Look how different that is!!! So proud...)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home